About Me

My photo
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Welcome to my blog! I am a silk painting artist - having dabbled in a number of areas of artistic expression - oil, acrylic, watercolor, pen & ink. I ventured into silk painting a couple of years ago after I took a workshop with renowned artist Olivia Batchelder of Laguna Beach, California. What a wonderful and inspirational teacher she was! Since then I have been forever hooked with anything to do with textile design/silk painting. I find the dyes that I use (French imported DuPont) are so vibrant - unlike any other medium I have ever used. I am slowing finding my "niche" in the art world and would love to inspire and make other people happy when viewing or wearing my work! I am now happy to say that my work as evolved into making designs for pattern repeats for fabric! Instead of spending hours painting a scarf I now paint and upload the painted scans to my computer and make them into a pattern. Once that is complete I upload the Jpegs to my site on Spoonflower.com and I can print all my designs many times on different types of fabric. Visit my Spoonflower site at www.spoonflower.com/profiles/luv2silkpaint Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Here is one of my newest fabric designs!  Visit my Spoonflower shop to purchase!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/luv2silkpaint



1 comment:

  1. Wow! This fabric cached my eyes! It is really unique and wonderful. Thank you for providing a link to your shop!

    ReplyDelete